Find out what support is available at your university or college.
1. First Support
Support for students who may be facing significant difficulties in their life or dealing with a crisis.
If you are experiencing personal or emotional difficulties and feel uncertain about what to do next, or perhaps feel you have reached crisis point, then First Support can provide the time and space for you to talk with one of the team and explore options for support. If you are facing significant difficulties or dealing with a crisis, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Student Life
The Student Life Team are dedicated to supporting student wellbeing and enhancing the student experience. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, Student Life support all University of Southampton students. Below are some examples of the ways in which Student Life are able to help you:
- Helping you settle into university life
- Supporting your wellbeing whilst you study
- Providing support to individuals and groups in the event of an emergency or problem
- Signposting and referring you to services, both internal and external, when you need additional support
- Proactively promoting a healthy, safe and enjoyable university experience
- Hosting a range of events to support an active student community and enhance the student experience
- Encourage the development of life skills for students to aid with university life and beyond
Contact Student Life by emailing us at email@example.com or by calling us on 02380 598 180.
3. Counselling Service
The University of Southampton Counselling Services offers an opportunity for you to discuss any concerns or issues you may have in a supportive and safe environment. Your counsellor will work with you to help you understand what is going on for you and to find a positive way forward. The University Counselling Service offers short-term counselling – the number of sessions will be agreed between you and your counsellor. Each appointment is 50 minutes.